Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thanksgiving Desserts

I usually make the same thing every year, although I might vary the apple dessert that I make.  It's part of our tradition that the pies are mostly the same, and it seems that this is what everyone wants.  So, rather than try and come up with something new,  I'm just going to make it easy for you to find the recipes in my blog.  Simply click on the name of the dessert to the recipe.



PUMPKIN PIE
I always make pumpkin pie.  It's one of my husband's favorites and I've tweaked it to where it is just the way he likes it! It was also my father-in-law's favorite, and when I make it, everyone has warm memories of him. It's a little firmer than standard with a very rich, spicy flavor.





CARAMEL PECAN PIE
This is my favorite, so I usually make two at Thanksgiving - one to bring  to our friend's dinner, and one to keep at home just for the family.  It's a little different from Southern-style pecan pie. It doesn't have that gelatinous bottom, has more pecans and is richly flavored like caramel.




THE BEST APPLE PIE
Everyone seems to love apple pie, and this one is my favorite.  You can tweak it to get it exactly the way you like it.







PEAR CRANBERRY TART
My daughter-in-law loves tart desserts, so when they are in for Thanksgiving, I like to plan on having one dessert with cranberries or rhubarb.    This one looks beautiful, and cuts nicely into neat slices.  It seems to be liked by even those who don't really like cranberries.






HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!

3 comments:

shirley said...

Thank you for sharing these recipes. Pies are really an ideal dessert for special events like thanks giving. Everyone will definitely love it.

nipasarker said...

Wow..what a recipes...I am gonna try it next holiday.....is it low fat diet.I am pretty much concerned about my health.

pet food said...

This was a great pie blogs. Different flavor of pies are highlighted that's why we can choose the flavor we want.