Sunday, May 31, 2009

Gooey Pecan Tassies – A Larger Pastry


My original tassie recipe was posted in February, and I said that you could also bake them in mini-cheesecake pans, but when I actually did that, there were so many changes that I made to the preparation and the ingredient quantities, that I decided to just do another post.
I like my tassies to taste a bit like pecan pie so I make them with double the amount of corn syrup. I also use a sweeter crust, which has more cream cheese in it than the typical tassie, a small bit of powdered sugar and a little vanilla to enhance the sweetness.

Both my original recipe and this once can now be found on my CD-rom or download: Amazing Desserts - A Photographic Guide to Better Baking.  To see order details, please click on MY Books, above.

No comments: