Sunday, March 29, 2009

MACAROONS MACAROONS MACAROONS – TASTE TESTERS WANTED

My project this past week has been macaroons – coconut macaroons, cocoa macaroons, Passover macaroons… well you get the picture. The problem with this is that I’m mildly allergic to coconut!! I’ve been tasting them all week – little bites which I chew to get a bit of the taste and texture and then spit it out (sorry, not very appetizing). I’ve also had to rely on many taste-testers. Last night, it was the Hadassah group. Next Thursday will by my mah jong group and then my Passover guests. Judging by the Hadassah testers, all of the recipes were liked – some more than others. The favorite macaroon was the one dipped in chocolate (it had the most chocolate on it), the second choice was the one cross-hatched with chocolate (second most chocolate) and the third was the one with the least chocolate. You get my drift – maybe it was the presence of more chocolate that made them like those the best. I see that I will have to repeat the test, and dip all of them in chocolate. It makes it harder for me to keep the results straight, but I shall rise to the test! And you can help. I’m going to post recipes over several days. If you want to make them and send comments on your results, I will compile a list to see which recipe wins. I’ll be starting with the Passover recipes, because Passover is fast approaching. The next batch of recipes will be made using flour and I’d also like to do one with fat-free sweetened condensed milk. Lastly, I’ll move on to chocolate macaroons. Look for the first batch of recipes tomorrow...

1 comment:

The Duo Dishes said...

Oh can't wait to see those...Yum macaroons.